Sunday, April 28, 2013

Crepes, the best way to start your day !

Crepes(= the french pancakes), the best way to start your day!

When I have some more time to prepare the breakfast, like on weekends, one of my favorite ideas is to make crepes. Of course, no need to say, kids love them, and not only... There are many recipes out there for crepes, but I will give you here the recipe that I chose among them. The "magic" ingredient that makes for me this recipe interesting is the corn flour. The recipe that I will give you is from the box of the corn flour, that I tried once and I adopted it. These crepes are melting in the mouth, "moelleux" as french call them.

Ingredients

200 gr flour or (100gr flour and 100gr corn flour)
500ml of milk 
2 eggs
vanilla

Procedure
Put in a bowl the milk and add both types of flour and vanilla. Whisk well. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs as for omelette and add them to the rest ingredients. Mix well together. If you have time it is better to leave the mixture to rest for about 30 min. In my case, I use the mixture immediately and still the result is very good as you can see :)




Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over high heat. Pour enough of the mixture to cover the bottom and tilt the frying pan, in a circular way, to spread it homogeneously. Leave it for about 2 min to be done.







Then, turn it using a spatula and leave it for about a min. Your crepe is ready! Cover each crepe according to your preferences, here today is nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment