Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tiramisu of Vivian, no coffee, no alcohol!


Tiramisu is one of my favorite pastries. BUT I do not like coffee and I do not like alcohol! How can it be then my favorite? Just because, I invented my own recipe that fits my taste, it's perfect for kids (real and young at heart like me :) and you won't believe it! It's DELICIOUS! It's not me that says it, but all my friends that tried it and ask me how do I make such a success :) Find here, the original tiramisu of Vivian but please, if you copy this recipe, mention my blog :) Yes, this is a recipe with a copyright ;) I have to thank of course, the mother of my dear friend Carla, that years ago, gave me the original recipe of italian tiramisu! Sorry for replacing the coffee... Especially for my friend Lydwine today ...



Ingredients

40 ladyfingers
500 gr of mascarpone cheese
5 eggs
5 spoons of sugar

For the syrup (instead of coffee and alcohol :)
2 cups of water
5 teaspoons of cocoa powder and some extra to sprinkle on top of tiramisu
10 spoons of white sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Nescafe


Procedure

Put in a small casserole the ingredients for the syrup and let it boil for about 5 min.
Put it aside to cool a bit.








Take 2 bowls and separate eggs. Beat the egg whites with some salt to thick meringue.







Whisk the yolks with the sugar until whiten and then add the mascarpone cheese and mix again.






Once both mixtures are done, mix manually and incorporate slowly. Your creme is ready.
Take, one by one, the ladyfingers and dive them fast in the syrup.







Drain them and make a layer with them on a rectangular dish.
Use the half of the creme to make another layer on top of the ladyfingers. Repeat the procedure by creating 2 more layers the same way. The result should be like that: biscuits-creme-biscuits-creme like you can see in the photo. Put in the fridge for about 4 hours or even better for 12 hours. When you will serve it, sprinkle on top some cocoa powder or in summer add some slices of strawberries.
Your tiramisu is ready ! And believe me, no one stops in one serving :)  


TIPS : Use fresh eggs, beat the egg whites in a THICK meringue, wet fast the ladyfingers and drain them.
    



 

5 comments:

  1. Really DELICIOUS!!! My kids loved it. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, I am glad that kids appreciated! Hope to meet soon :)

      Delete
  2. Je confirme ! Vraiment délicieux. Le café ne manque absolument pas (d'ailleurs depuis que j'ai goûté ce tiramisu, je ne bois plus de café).

    Célian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy as a kid when someone is commenting my recipes, especially when it comes together with a fine touch of humor ; )

      Delete