Monday, April 8, 2013

Apple pie

What do apples when they want to be left alone with cinnamon? 

They hide inside a cake !
So, here it is the recipe with photos of my apple pie (it's the most common apple pie in Greece actually :) done with the precious help of my dear daughter who has done also the design (her specialty :)
Special tributes to my mother that was doing this cake since I can remember myself and my friend Ria that reminded it to me.



Ingredients:
Base:
1/2 cup sugar
2 spoons butter
cinnamon
3-4 big cooking apples
Cake:
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour for cakes
4 eggs
vanilla flavour
baking dish (30cm diameter)

Procedure:
Heat oven to 180 degrees (Celcius) with air and put the baking dish with the 1/2 cup of sugar and butter for a few minutes to melt.

Peal the apples, cut them in slices or round.Take the baking dish out of the oven, mix with a spoon adding some cinnamon and put on top the apples.


Fill the gaps with walnuts.

Stir well the ingredients for the cake with the mixer and pour the mixture over the apples homogeneously.
Put in the oven for 30 min or until baked the cake.



When taken out leave it to rest a while and cover with a towel for 15min. Uncover and turn it upside-down in a big serving dish. Admire!

Serve it with a ball of vanilla ice-cream...


All comments are welcome, share your variations and send me by email photos of your versions to publish!

UPDATED: Find here another version of this apple pie for the buffet of a concert that my daughter gave recently...






No comments:

Post a Comment