Saturday, May 3, 2014

Roast leg of lamb

I didn't like to eat lamb. I didn't like the smell of lamb... until... I invented my way to cook it and it became my favorite and the dish that my kids like and my friends are asking me to cook for them :)
It's a simple, very simple recipe that just needs a covered dish for the oven and one orange and one lemon!
The orange juice covers the smell of lamb and perfumes it in a delicate way. If you add also potatoes around the meat, they will be caramelized in a surprising way. And if you cannot resist and want to add some herb, just add oregano, the ultimate seasoning herb for the oven in my opinion.
Another tip, is to buy one week before cooking the meat, to put it in the freezer and unfreeze it the day before cooking. That way, the meat will be tender. Enough with secrets, let's pass to action!
Ingredients
1 leg of lamb
1 orange
1 lemon
salt, pepper, olive oil
3-4 potatoes

Procedure
Put the meat in the middle of a dish for the oven that has a cover.
Peel the potatoes, cut them in quarters and add them around the meat.
Add the salt, the pepper and add olive oil all over the ingredients.
Pour the juice of the lemon and the orange all over and add enough water to cover half the height of the potatoes.
Cover the dish and put it in the oven. Bake at 160 degrees of Celsius and fan for about 2 hours. Check for water after 1h30min to be sure that there is still enough.
Uncover and let a few minutes in grill to get a nice golden color if you like.
Enjoy!   


No comments:

Post a Comment