Monday, June 2, 2014

Chicken curry

I will share with you my favorite chicken curry recipe that a dear friend of mine has given me years ago. It had been quite some time that I did not do it, as my kids where pretty young and such recipes were too exotic for them.
Thanks to an indian friend that brought me recently some of the ingredients, I decided that it was time to indulge myself. Not a bad idea, as kids really liked it, and it was a nice change.
I serve the chicken with some basmati rice and the trip to India starts... (ok with some chinese touch :)



Ingredients
4-5 chicken filets
1 onion
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons of curry powder
1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
400ml of coconut milk
salt, pepper, olive oil (the greek touch :)
cashew nuts (as many as you like) 

Preparation
Cut the chicken in medium cubes and fry it in a low casserole with some oil. At some point, add also the minced onion and garlic and continue frying. Once done, add all the spices and the coconut milk. Add enough water to cover generously the meat. Cover preferably the pressure cooker and allow 15 minutes for the meat to soften and the sauce to thicken.
Uncover and add the cashew nuts and let shimmer for another 1-2 minutes.
In parallel, prepare some basmati rice according to the instructions of the package.
Serve together with some naan bread if possible. Let me know what do you think of my version of chicken curry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment