Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chocolate cake... yeah!

My favorite chocolate cake

This is THE chocolate cake that I chose for one of the first birthday cakes for my kids that became a very popular one among my kids AND their friends!
Given this success in taste, this is the one that I chose as base for several birthday cakes later on.
I only changed the decoration/topping to fit to the occasion and you will see how a humble cake can end up to such an awesome cake :) Trust me and try it, you will become addicted!
Special tribute to all my family (husband and kids) that helped me to decorate the following cakes. These were moments of pure happiness... I love you!
Let's start from the basics...



Ingredients
2 cups of flour for cakes
3/4 cups of cocoa powder
3/4 cup of butter
2 cups of sugar
6 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
vanilla flavour
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

Procedure
Use a mixer to mix all the ingredients very well for a few minutes. Pour the mixture in a baking dish covered with butter that can have any form that you like. Put in the oven at 175 degrees (Celcius) for 40-45 min.   
Decorate with a chocolate topping, marzipan, sugar topping or whatever you or your kids like!
Get ideas from the following photos, and discover how this love affair started and how it evolved with time...


So, what do you say, it worth to try it, no? Simple but delicious... from Vivian!

No comments:

Post a Comment