Friday, February 14, 2014

Triple chocolate mousse cake!

Happy Valentine's day! I profit from the day to try a cake that I like a lot and I always buy it or order it in a good pastry shop, the "Triple chocolate mousse cake". What best to try for the lovers day than a cake full of all kinds of chocolate?
I have searched a lot to find a good recipe and for once, since long time, I tried a recipe that I found online and seemed to me quite reliable (http://douceursexquises.canalblog.com/archives/2007/03/05/4180019-p50-0.html). 
Normally, I do not try a recipe unless I have tasted it myself, but this time, I decided to give it a try as it seemed too close to my moto: simple ... but delicious :) Find here, my version of this recipe that I really liked and turned out to be a revelation!

Ingredients

For the base:
2 eggs
60 gr of sugar
15gr of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
15gr cocoa powder (some more for the topping)

For each layer of chocolate mousse (x3)
100gr of chocolate (black, white, milk, in total 300gr)
20cl of cream 30% (in total 60cl and a spoonful of ice sugar)

Procedure

Start by buttering a cake mold of 20cm diameter (the best would be the ones that you can open and take out the surrounding part).
Beat well with the mixer the eggs and the sugar to increase almost 3 times in volume. Then add the flour, the cocoa powder and the baking powder and mix slowly.
Pour the mixture in the mold and bake for about 10-12min in the oven at 180 degrees of Celsius and fan. Take it out and let it cool.




 Then, take the three chocolate bars and break them in small pieces separately in three bowls.

 Melt each one according to instructions either in the microwave oven or in a "bain-marie".
I chose the first, and in about 1min30sec at 600W and 2 spoons of cold water, I managed to melt each chocolate.
Next step, is the whipped cream. Whip the 60cl of cream for about a minute and then add the ice sugar and continue until you get a nice firm whipped cream.  
 Put 2 spoons of the whipped cream in each bowl of chocolate and mix well. Then add slowly the rest cream sharing it evenly to create 3 types of chocolate mousse.
Get back to the cake and start spreading on top each mousse one after the other (you choose the order :)


Finish by covering with cocoa powder and ice sugar, using your imagination like shown in the photos below...
Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours or best overnight if you can resist to the temptation :) 
Here, noone could resist which explains the bad quality of the photos as it was late in the evening, but who cares ? ;)



 I let you decide whether you will try it ...
but my instinct tells me that this recipe will become very popular in my blog...








    

No comments:

Post a Comment