Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bugs Bunny's cake or Carrot cake :)

If you want to change from the classic chocolate cake then this tasty carrot cake would do :)
It's simple to do, just mix the ingredients, bake and taste! Try it and you will be addicted as it tastes really nice.
The problem is, that I am not very concentrated these days and although I did 2 times this recipe I made a mistake with the ingredients :)
In the first version (as I call it in the photos :) I added one more cup of flour. Taste was amazing but texture was not very good I have to admit ... We ate all of it in a few hours though! No-one could resist to the smell of cinnamon and the sweet touch of the carrots.
In the second version, I forgot to add the sugar and I came up with the idea to add a light syrup (made by boiling for 5 min 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water) and add it once the cake has cooled a bit down after baking.
See photos of both versions and judge for yourself. Imagine still, that if I am persisting so much in doing this cake it has to be very good in taste :))) I am still working the looks though and once I have a better one I will keep you informed !   
Ingredients
1 cup of oil
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 cup of orange juice and the zest
1 spoonful of brandy
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 baking powder
2 big carrots (ground)
1/2 cup of ground walnuts

Procedure
Mix the ingredients by hand or mixer by adding first the liquid ones, then the sugar, the cinnamon and the baking powder and then the flour and walnuts with carrots.
Pour in a round cake dish for the oven (28cm of diameter).
Bake at 170 degrees of Celsius and fan for about 50min. Let it cool and taste. If you can resist to one serving, it will be a miracle!
See below photos of the 2 versions, waiting for a better version :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment