Monday, June 29, 2015

Aperitif (or cocktail hour) flower!

Living in France, I became keen with the idea of an "aperitif" that is a cocktail hour in between meals that might include a simple drink or a small buffet with some finger food.
Have a glimpse of the latest trend that I did in a hurry with whatever I had in my fridge and that was still delicious despite all odds :)
I had only 1 pastry dough so I made half the flower but it's enough to get the idea still...

Ingredients
2 round ready-made puff pastry (pate feuillete in french)
2 eggs
1 cup of grated cheese (Gruyere is great)
some decoration seeds e.g, sesame 

Procedure
Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees of Celsius and fan.
Beat in a small recipient the 2 eggs with a fork.
Open one pastry and with a kitchen brush you cover all the surface with half of the eggs.
You add on top the cheese trying to cover evenly all the surface. You cover with the other layer of pastry dough and you "close" the edges by pressing with a small fork.

You cover the middle part with a round mug or bowl and you cut evenly all around in 1 cm parts from the edge to the mug. Once done, you twist each part 2-3 times and finally you cover the top by brushing it with the rest of the egg. Add some decoration seed in the center to make it look as a flower. Bake for about 10min or until it has a nice golden color.
The result is really delicious that I managed to eat only one tiny part that was left from my family's excitement :))) And my, it was divine! and beautiful too btw...




1 comment: