Thursday, February 23, 2017

Hummus

Ok, I won't pretend that I managed to have a nice hummus on my first attempt neither on my second, I do not know why actually, as it is one of the easiest dip recipes to make.
I want to thank Katia (my ex zumba teacher that makes the most delicious hummus :) for her recipe and Aneta for being the intermediate (and for iniating me to zumba btw :)
So, what is hummus ? It's a Lebanese food dip made of chickpeas that I just loooove and that it takes a few minutes to make at home (much better than store-bought).



Ingredients
1 can of cooked chickpeas or 250gr of cooked chickpeas
fresh lemon juice of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove minced
2 spoonfuls of extra-virgin olive oil (plus some extra for serving)
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
some salt
1 spoonful of tahini
(Katia likes to add some parsley or celery also, so you just improvise for the rest :)

Procedure
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Mix all the ingredients in a food processor apart from tahini.
When you have a smooth puree, then add the tahini and mix once again.
Empty in a nice serving dish, sprinkle with some olive oil and paprika and use pitas to taste it!
You can store in an air-tight container and in the fridge max for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment