Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stuffed roasted chicken

Stuffed roasted chicken


Yes, I do not only bake cakes, I cook also! That's why the title in this blog :)
Today, I had a crazy idea to cook a stuffed roasted chicken although I did not have enough time, just to surprise my husband. He definitely appreciated it! Finishing touch the apple pie from yesterday as a desert ...


Ingredients

1 chicken
few chicken livers
1 onion
1 cup of rounded rice (for risotto)
salt, pepper, oregano, lemon juice
olive oilwater

Procedure
Prepare chicken and livers (wash them :) Cut livers in small pieces with kitchen scissors. Put in a small casserole some olive oil, add the sliced onion, the livers, salt, pepper, oregano and fry them. Add the rice, the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of water. Leave 2-3 minutes to absorb the water stirring well.

Take the casserole out of the fire and stuff the chicken with this risotto. Close the chicken with toothpicks.

Put the chicken in a small but deep baking dish with a cover. Put the rest of the risotto around the chicken.
Put salt, pepper and olive oil on top. Pour 1 cup of water. Cover the dish and put it to the oven at 200 degrees (Celsius) with air for about an hour. Watch in case some more water is need in the meantime.


Bon Appetit! 

It is a traditional greek dish that tastes really good and smells nice thanks to oregano and lemon juice.
If someone would like to try out there, and I strongly recommend, I would like you to hear your opinion.
So, please do not hesitate to comment here... 

2 comments:

  1. Delicious!!! Not only is your cooking wonderful but the description and the pictures are so vivid, I can smell it from here!!! All time classic in greek family cuisine...Bravo Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, one of the best comments written in my blog! Thank you very much :) Knowing that is coming from heart, I was deeply touched...
      And to get back to practical issues, did you cook it eventually?

      Delete