Cooking in the garden :)

Vivian is not only cooking, she is also ... gardening! Actually, I love gardening and for me, I have told you already, is like cooking. You mix the ingredients and you wait for the result. In gardening, the ingredients are the plants, and the result is the flowers or the synthesis that comes up.
Few years ago, I started a project in my garden. I wanted to make a free floral fence on one side of the garden, the most important actually, the part that our living room is looking at.
It took me almost 2 years of reading various books, web sites, blogs on gardening and designing how this fence should look like. And from time to time, we were going with my kids and buy a plant that we have finally decided to choose. It was a big time, as immediately after we were starting the planting part, which was a quite hard task (I have to admit that dear hubby was helping with the most difficult ones :) But we were so happy every time that we were adding one to our collection...
Last year, this project finally came at it's end, and this spring we can finally admire the results...

At the end of the winter, our forsythia started to bloom with it's magnificent yellow flowers, but unfortunately did not took photos.
Immediately after, Magnolia that is in the middle of our floral fence, bloomed with it's porcelain flowers. Right now, most flowers are gone, to give place to the marvelous lilac (syringa) that gives it's best since we have planted it. This one, it's our dear neighbor that offered it to us and it's one of my favorites.

In parallel, it's time of the two rhododendrons to bloom and we really enjoy them.

From time to time, I will come up with more news of this floral fence as a new plant will start to bloom :)
I would like to admit here, that I consider my plants kind of my babies that I love to look at and take care of ! That's why today I wanted to share this love with you... I hope that this might give ideas to some of you or at least will enjoy admiring these flowers... it's a pitty that you cannot smell the lilacs :)
Below, get an idea of the rest of the plants of this fence...









 

 




So, here are some others from the rest of the garden...

       
And imagine how gorgeous it will be when paeonia will bloom! Yes, I have also a huge paeonia :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pasticcio or the alter ego of Moussaka !

Kurtos Kalacs or chimney cakes

Pancakes from Cyprus or "Pites tis Satziis"