The week of 29 August was another full one in my kitchen, with lots of comforting food, family favourites and a few special treats.
🍽️ What I cooked & baked...
- BBQ with souvlakia, feta saganaki and grilled vegetables
- Homemade burgers and keftedakia (can be cooked in the airfryer too, and check my veggie keftedakia recipe that are also delicious)
- Greek moussaka
- Shrimp risotto — [have to add the recipe one day]
- Pancakes (check also my pancakes from Cyprus recipe that is a smash in my blog) and savory feta waffles for breakfast
- Kolokythopita as a starter, inspired from my kolokythokeftedes recipe
- Roasted Turkey with orange, lemon and potatoes
- My comforting chocolate biscuit cake
- Mascarpone & Nutella cake, decorated with seasonal figs
A few of these dishes also left my kitchen to keep one of my students company. Because good food is even better when it can be shared.
Many of these recipes can also be found in my newly published Cookbooks, available worldwide through Amazon, so you can enjoy making them again and again, with the convenience of having a reliable recipe on paper, right there in your kitchen.
Looking back at the week, I realise that most of what I cooked wasn't simply about preparing meals. I cooked to create emotions for my dears, to make them happy, comfort them and give them something delicious to remember.
And perhaps that is what I love most about cooking: food can say “I love you” without saying a word. ❤️

No comments:
Post a Comment