Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chicken surrounded with potatoes :)

Once again a classic recipe, that is tasty, but takes really minimum time to prepare... Children love simple tastes, thus will love this one and it's a safe choice if you're puzzled what to cook them today :)
    



Ingredients

1 chicken (I prefer BIO)
5-6 potatoes
1 lemon (the juice)
salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic





Procedure

Put in a dish for the oven (I like to use one with a cover) the chicken in the middle, surrounded by the potatoes cut in pieces. Add the salt, the pepper, the olive oil and the garlic cut in small pieces.
Pour olive oil on top all over, the lemon juice and add enough water to almost cover the potatoes.
Cover your dish and put it in the oven (180C, fan) for about 1h30. The last 15 min, uncover and let food get a nice golden color.  Your food is ready! Serve with a nice feta-tomato salad like in the photo below.

2 comments:

  1. I have made this dish yesterday, for a second time. What I like in this recipe most is the minimal amount of work (goes into the category of 'lazy great dinners'). It is very simple and very tasty, and you can do it every time a little different, just by changing the spices. This time I put some fresh thyme and rosemary together with garlic, salt and pepper. I used chicken legs instead of whole chicken, so the cooking time was shorter, around 45mins, and I didn't add any water -- the potatoes were perfectly done just by being cooked in chicken juice and fat. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your feedback and all the great variations that you propose! I loved the category that you propose "lazy great dinners" :))) I might create it, thanks to you ...

      Delete