Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Roasted turkey with potatoes

Another traditional greek dish with my personal touch :) The secret in this recipe is the fresh orange and lemon juice that I use. It gives a nice taste and color ... It seems so simple, but my mother used to tell me when I started to cook, that this simplicity is that makes such great tastes in greek cooking :)
You can make my Fresh green salad that goes nicely with this dish and as desert why not a Ravani ? You will have an excellent menu! I promise...

Ingredients

1 leg of turkey
4-5 potatoes (get the ones for cooking in the oven) 
1 orange
1 lemon
 salt, pepper, olive oil

Procedure

Wash the ingredients.








Put in the middle of a dish for the oven, the turkey leg surrounded by the potatoes cut in pieces.







Pour on them enough olive oil, add salt and pepper and pour again the juice of the lemon and the orange. Add enough water to cover half the height of the potatoes and check if it needs to add some more during cooking. If your dish has a cover, use it, as it keeps the meat tender.

Put in the oven at 180 degrees of Celsius for about 1h30min with air. After 1 hour of cooking, uncover your dish. Check also for water and if needed add some.

Food is ready when it gets a nice golden color like on photo. Enjoy!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment