Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chicken with exotic okra!


Oh my goodness, I will share with you today one of my favorite dishes! Chicken with okra :)
Do you know what okra is? It is a green vegetable that if you have never heard of, better try it once as it might drive you crazy, if it is cooked correctly of course :)
In France, I find it only in shops that sell oriental products, while in Greece you can easily find it in a supermarket. The one I use is frozen, unfortunately and not fresh, but there is an advantage after all, it is already peeled and ready to use... otherwise you have to peel the "head" of the okra and someone has to show you how. Ready? Here it goes...



Ingredients:

1 medium chicken
4-5 potatoes
500gr okra
3-4 tomatoes or 1 can of tomato
1 small onion
1 garlic 
parsley
salt, pepper, olive oil

Procedure:
Prepare the chicken and put it in the middle of a big oven pan.

Peel of the potatoes, cut them in slices and put them in one side of the chicken.

Fill the other side with the okra. Pour on top of the okra, the smashed tomato sauce, the sliced onion, the chopped parsley and the smashed garlic.

Pour olive oil on top of everything, add salt and pepper.

Mix with the help of 2 spoons the okra and the ingredients added.








Add enough water to cover half of the okra and the potatoes.

Put in the oven and cook for about 1h30min in 180 degrees of Celsius and fan.

Home will smell delicious!!!! I really insist that you try this recipe. If you do, please send me some feedback... I am curious of you opinion :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment